The mission of Star Career Academy is to:
- Provide performance-based occupational training to prepare students for entry-level employment in culinary, hospitality and allied health fields.
- Help students gain the confidence needed to perform at their highest potential and pursue life-long learning and advancement.
- Help students understand and meet professional ethical standards.
The administration and faculty of Star Career Academy are committed to facilitating the mission by:
- Meeting standards of excellence as determined by its accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Delivering programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Providing the support services needed to allow all students to achieve their goals.
- Ensuring that the school has the resources needed to realize its educational objectives.
Preparing students to become professionals
Training at Star Career Academy is “performance-based”, using simulated work environments run by industry professionals. Graduates are equipped with the practical skills needed to meet the demands of intense workplaces.
Classroom and hands-on training is capped by a rigorous internship in most programs. Students go on-site and experience “real time” employment requirements. By the conclusion of the internship, a student is job-ready and Star’s career services advisors will assist the student in scheduling interviews at area facilities.
The atmosphere at Star Career Academy schools is professional, but still warm and friendly. Instructors and students work together in a setting similar to real workplaces. Teamwork and human relations skills are developed and students learn the professional and ethical standards required for employment in the field. Instructors and advisors are available to assist students with educational and personal problems, as Star Career Academy strives to have every student meet his or her career and life goals.
You might be an artist who would like to introduce yourself and your work here or maybe you’re a business with a mission to describe.